Friday, April 6, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Not Finished, But Coming Along!

Hi, all!

This week has just flown by!  Friday is here already, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!!   Let's see what everyone's been up to this week!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Well, I have been working intently this week, trying to make a pieced commission quilt (with a LOT of pieces!)  Lots and lots of HSTs, which means lots and lots of trimming.  I really need to get this quilt finished before I go on vacation next Friday, or at least have the top finished.  And today....


...I finished all thirty-five blocks for the quilt!  And that despite some mistakes in the pattern, including one that made me make some "not-my-fault" blocks (that's when you have to piece fabric to have enough fabric to make a block, but it wasn't because you made a mistake, it was because the pattern was wrong!)


And then, because I had a few minutes before I had to cook supper, I put some of the blocks up on the design wall so I could see what it is going to look like.  The colors aren't true here, but I think it's going to look really pretty!   Tomorrow I should be able to get the top pulled together, and maybe the back, too.

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

Oh, and one more thing I'm whooping about - we currently have 176 people signed up for Hands2Help!!!  That. Is. Amazing!!!!

Whoop Whoop!!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?

In honor of this girl's 6th birthday!

What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you - 

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

As you can see, it doesn't have to be a finish - 

Just something that's making you happy this week!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. Whoop, whoop! Love that pattern - and to hear how many have signed up for Hands2Help is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I have had to do the same on a pattern I was writing and forgot the fabric was directional: I had to piece the fabric to have enough for a few missing blocks! Love how the blocks turned out for your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pieced a bit of fabric to fix a mistake (usually mine, not the patterns tho!) and it can hardly be detected. Nice set of blocks Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to get the blocks all done! It really looks good on the design wall! (I've had to piece pieces before-it rarely can be detected unless you were having it judged in a show!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kid's look so happy. It's really fun to see how much they have grown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting all the blocks made is definitely Whoop worthy, especially when you had to do some improvising!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoop whoop!! That top is going to be beautiful!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do like it.....very much! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for all the blocks made! I'm feeling a bit oppressed by my month-ahead piecing/applique work, so thanks for the pick-me-up of sharing in on your own Whoop of accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah, I love this commissioned quilt. A pattern with a mistake is truly frustrating. Glad that you were able to figure it out, though. Enjoy your vacation next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes - whoop! Whoop! Gorgeous pattern! BTW, I'm sorry, I put up my link twice - please delete the duplicate if you can! Thank you! Thank you for hostng and sharing such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't afraid to use some not-my-fault fabric. Nobody could find it if they tried once it's quilted.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!